The Informant Questionnaire on Cognitive Decline in the Elderly (IQCODE) screening tool is a short questionnaire designed to assess cognitive decline and dementia in elderly people. The questionnaire is filled out by a relative or friend who has known the elderly person for 10 years or more. A literature review (PDF, 146KB) is available for more information.
Information from the IQCODE and the Mini-Mental State Examination can be combined in the DemeGraph to aid in assessing for dementia.
To score the IQCODE, add up the score for each question and divide by the number of questions. For the long IQCODE, divide by 26. For the short IQCODE, divide by 16.
The result is a score that ranges from 1 to 5. A score of 3 means that the subject is rated on average as 'no change'. A score of 4 means an average of 'a bit worse'. A score of 5 an average of 'much worse'.
If the long IQCODE is used for screening for dementia, a cutting point of 3.27/3.30 balances sensitivity and specificity. For the short IQCODE, a cutting point of 3.31/3.38 achieves a balance of sensitivity and specificity.
Very short form
- English PDF, 61KB - DOC, 39KB
- Arabic PDF, 450KB
- Chinese PDF, 110KB - DOC, 3MB
- Czechn DOC, 70KB
- Danish PDF, 77KB - DOC, 126KB
- Dutch PDF, 67KB - DOC, 34KB
- Finnish PDF, 48KB - DOC, 252KB
- German PDF, 48KB - DOC, 44KB
- Greek PDF, 73KB - DOC, 51KB
- Lithuanian PDF, 159KB - DOC, 35KB
- Persian PDF, 71KB - DOC, 43KB
- Spanish PDF, 14KB - DOC, 38KB
- Swedish PDF, 59KB - DOC, 29KB
- Thai PDF, 53KB - DOC, 35KB
- Turkish PDF, 75KB - DOC, 42KB
- English PDF, 78KB - DOC, 47KB
- Dutch PDF, 61KB - DOC, 40KB
- French Canadian PDF, 49KB - DOC, 46KB
- French PDF, 75KB - DOC, 49KB
- German PDF, 18KB - DOC, 57KB
- Italian PDF, 22KB - DOC, 100KB
- Japanese PDF, 56KB - DOC, 190KB
- Korean PDF, 94KB - DOC, 57KB
- Lithuanian PDF, 222KB - DOC, 41KB
- Norwegian PDF, 72KB - DOC, 35KB
- Persian PDF, 65KB
- Polish PDF, 81KB - DOC, 61KB
- Portugese (Brazilian) PDF, 23KB - DOCX, 16KB
- Portugese PDF, 20KB - DOC, 62KB
- Spanish PDF, 20KB - DOC, 29KB