The pilot program titled Body, Brain, Life – Fit (BBL-Fit) aims to find out how risk reduction in middle age can alter the development of dementia. BBL-Fit assists middle aged individuals who are at risk of dementia achieve and sustain changes in several lifestyle areas hence reducing their dementia risk-profile. The pilot study is based on two intervention programs previously developed by the DCRC-EDP research team. BBL-Fit will evaluate in a randomised controlled trial (RCT) where it compares a group that receive the online intervention and face-to-face individualised physical activity and dietary programs, with a control group that does not receive any intervention during the intervention period. If successful, the program could become a versatile, low-cost, intervention package available worldwide to help minimise the development of dementia.
If you are interested in participating in this research and are:
- Overweight or obese Or
- Struggling to be physically active
- Prepared to make some changes to your lifestyle
- Able to dedicate sometime over 10 weeks
- Aged between 45-60 years
- An Australian citizens or permanent residents living in the ACT or Queanbeyan
- Without diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or dementia
- Without serious mental or physical problems
- Able to have internet access
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call Beth on 02 6125 6351.